Ever heard of this gardening technique called air pruning?
According to San Diego Hydroponics & Organics: “Air pruning is a technique designed to encourage the plant to grow a denser system of root hairs, increasing nutrient absorption and enabling the plant to grow more rapidly.”
The University of Washington’s Native Plant Production Course also reveals its 5 amazing benefits:
1. Promotes branched root systems
2. Encourages new roots to sprout
3. Prevents roots from spiraling
4. Prevents plants from becoming pot-bound
5. Plants may remain in pots, plugs or plant bands longer
As you can see, air pruning can be very advantageous especially if you’re into container gardening. Larry Hall tells us more about this smart technique in this special video below. Watch it now and be sure to give air pruning a try. You’ll be amazed at the results!
Like this blog post? Go ahead and share it on your favorite social media sites!
Video Source: Larry Hall